Sunday, June 28, 2009

Appliance Shopping

Well...I needed a new washing machine for the beach house. The one there is no longer working and hasn't for the past month. I don't have time to go out and purchase one so I decided to do it on line.

I didn't go with anything expensive, just something basic to do laundry while at the beach. After reading reviews I made my choice and it was a good choice money wise as well.

But of course after paying delivery charge, taxes, haul away fee for the old one and the in home installation fee I could of bought two washers for the price of one.

So my reasoning for this is...I need it before the kids arrive for the July 4th weekend so I can get the laundry done, I need someone to bring it up those stairs and hook it up and I need someone to take the old one away....all things that I can't do nor do I want to worry about getting someone to do it for me...this way..."It's Done" and "No Worries".

The next step is a new frig but I'm trying to decide if I want a new one here at the country home and take the old one there to the beach house...again...my dilemma is getting it hauled up those stairs and the old one hauled off.

Hope your having a wonderful Sunday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

the stairs? thats why you have a son and 2 son-in-laws

Robin said...

I don't feel like waiting...maybe next time I can use the men in my family... :) plus they can help take that big ass TV down stairs.

Fonda said...

Well, we should have a combination of at least 6 strong backs there for the weekend of the 4th. If you decide by then, they should be more than able to get it done! Just planting the seeds for thought.

Robin said...

I'll keep that in mind while I'm thinking about it...maybe this would be a good time to get rid of the 2 couches...now there's a thought!