Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Something Strange

Late this afternoon my friend and neighbor Kelley called to see I could take her to pick up her car...and I did...so I figured while I'm out I should go ahead and get one of my errands done...and so I did. I went to the Wal-mart...not one of my favorite places but it was the closest and I could get what I needed there.

Upon coming out of the doors and with sunglasses on I was like...what time is it, it looks dark. I looked at the time and it was almost 7. So, I took my sunglasses off to see that it was cloudy and out in the distance there appeared to be rain clouds. They also looked as though they were in the direction I was soon going to be heading.

About half way home I came up on "Something Strange"....RAIN!!!! and hard rain. As I got closer to home it had stopped but picked back up again but not as hard.

When I pulled into the drive it was raining a steady rain and has pretty much throughout the night...nothing hard but a nice steady light rain. So strange to see rain. You just can't believe (unless your from the Houston area) how hot and dry it has been and the ground cracking and the green grass all brown...it's awful...so it was nice surprise to have rain.

Now hopefully we won;t wake up to mosquitos...especially at the beach this weekend.

Thanks for letting me share...now it's off to bed...tomorrow I'm watching Hayden and I think Colton as well but only for a couple hours. I'll share pictures later.

3 comments:

Fonda said...

Go ahead and admit that you did the rain dance too! Ha!

Looking forward to the weekend.

Unknown said...

you got rain, mom got rain... we are right in the middle and got nothing!!! I will say that although we need the rain it has been nice that the house is getting done quickly.

Robin said...

Rain dance...I think maybe Jim danced so much he sent some our way...thanks Jim!