Friday, August 17, 2012

Good-Bye Venice....Headed Across The Pond


This is the last time we'll see this view...it's time to pack and head away from Venice to our next adventure,...check out time is noon.

Venice will be a place I'll never forget...not what I expected and better than I could imagine.
 while waiting for our water taxi to pick us up in front of our hotel we watched while mail and supplies were being delivered to local businesses.
They have to bring it in by boat, unload it on dolly's and push carts and hit the streets to deliver.
 And here is our taxi driver (not too shabby) who will take us on a scenic view to the train station.
 One last view of  a back canal
 a boat on it's way to deliver supplies

And us one last time with the city of Venice around us.

Today we don't head far...we'll take a 10 minute train ride across the water to a town called Mestre...here we will stay the night before heading to Switzerland.
Our plan was to have 4 nights in Venice but the more I read the more nervous I got about catching an early train from Venice...I was afraid we would miss it and some of our time in Switzerland...so I decided to get a hotel room out of the city of Venice across from the train station.
It didn't turn out too bad with the exception of I didn't know at the time how much I would love my evenings in San Marco square...but as far as Venice went we felt we had seen enough....plus we could save on the pocket book a little since there was a huge difference in hotel cost.
So, we went to check into our hotel and we couldn't get in until 2 and it was noon so we checked our luggage and once again was train bound...we decided to hop a train and go and visit another Italian city....this time it would be Verona, the famed city of where once Juliet (of Romeo and Juliet) lived.

I have lots of pictures to share of our day in Verona and again it is so hard to choose...so I will stop this post here and will post again later and share with you our day in Verona, an unexpected jewel of a city.


No comments: