Thursday, August 2, 2012

Welcome To Venice....Day 6

Welcome To Venice and The Grand Canal
 Once we got off our train we headed out front to catch a taxi...a water taxi that is to our hotel...there are no cars I Venice...only water craft....and this was our first taste of how expensive Venice is.
20 minute water taxi = 80 Euro = about 100 US dollars
 We got to do a little sight seeing by water on our way to the hotel...I think we were both like kids in ahhh of our surroundings.
I love the picture above with the Italian flag 
 and the lonely gondolier
 and here we are arriving at our hotel (picture below)...there is a dock right outside for us to pull up to and be let off...not all hotels have that...some you have to be let of in a spot and then walk...some short distances and some further....so glad we didn't have to walk.
 Once we checked in we just couldn't help going to the view from our room...it was just so cool....we could of stayed in the room with wine the whole time and we would of been happy campers.
 when we arrived in our room we were greeted with a bottle of wine which we did not hesitate to open and enjoy on the balcony looking out to The Grand Canal.
 after we unpacked, finished our wine we headed out to explore Venice...it is a beautiful city...I think mainly cause it is just so different....and it did have a wonderful vibe.
 I don't have a lot of commentary for these pictures but I hope you still enjoy them as much as I do.
It was so hard to choose what to post cause there are just so many wonderful candid shots.
 Then in the picture below we stumbled upon someones home....hanging from the second level window were all kinds of things hanging...wind chimes, witches, the pope, spiders, animals, and more....not sure what it all meant or if I even wanted to know...it seemed evil but then their was a picture of a past pope...so not sure what was going on but it warranted a Kodak moment.
 shopping
 lovers who are in their own little world....and I will say these 2 were really getting it one...I wasn't sure how much they were going to let us all see.
 you can go in and jar your own wine
and Lonnie and myself at San Marco square...who would of known that when we arrived and saw this place that this would end up being our favorite place and where we would end our evenings while in Venice.
because I have so many pictures to share I will end this post here...I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I will be back tomorrow to share our first evening in Venice.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

How exciting!! I must tell you this has meant so much to see these wonderful places and share your days. This week at the very end of the night I took a trip on your blog and have just loved the pictures the beauty. Your journey has been so speechless for me. I love architecture,castles old historic sites.

Thanks for a splendid week so happy.

Robin said...

thanks Brenda...I've enjoyed sharing...nice to know someone enjoys it too

Stacy said...

very beautiful pictures! love all the flowers!

Fonda said...

Venice!!! I could just 'ooh' and 'ahh' over all the pictures. Never hesitate to post pics for the surroundings...I especially liked the one of the gondola moving along the canal.