Thursday, August 9, 2012

Venice Day 2...Part 4...The End Of A Beautiful Day

So after our taxi ride we walked around and did a little shopping.
Afterwards we headed back to the hotel to drop off our souvenir goodies.
The hotel was nice enough to send us up boxes so we could pack our stuff to send home.
We decided to head back to San Marco Square to end our evening.
We wanted to go back and try again to take some pictures with those damn pigeons hoping to get better pictures than the night before.
And here's my cousin Lonnie...good picture...
 then me...still a little freaked out by their movement....hard to pose trying to look pretty when their flappin' those damn wings.
 and Lonnie again...she was actually more calm around those damn birds than I was
 and this is as good as it gets
Now it's time to do what's important...
VINO TIME
This was my favorite thing to do...sit...drink...enjoy my surroundings and visit with my cousin.
I think about these times everyday and wish I could end every evening without a care in the world, sitting at the square just enjoying.
Who wouldn't enjoy this view...
After we were done with our usual 2 bottles we headed to get a pizza to take back to the room....along the way we stopped and shopped a little more...a dangerous thing to do after 2 bottles of wine.

Now time to say Goodnight as we still have another day in Venice to go.


4 comments:

Brenda said...

I don't know how you did the birds,it looks so natural though. So lovely to end the day in a square with no care and a pizza for dinner.

You had the Real vacation in a gorgeous place with Lonnie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the souvenir tip. I will have to try that one sometime.

You can always end the day in your backyard with a glass or bottle of wine.

Rita

Fonda said...

The bird pictures still freak me out a little. But Lonnie does look so calm around them. Maybe you should have had the two bottles of wine first.

Stacy said...

don't think I could do the birds like that! you guys are brave!