Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Venice Day 3...Part 1


So this morning we woke up and after moving around decided to pack our boxes of goodies to send home....so far we had bought enough stuff that it was all too much to carry with us along with our luggage...so we packed what we could mail.

I still had some wine and limencello that I was carrying with me...I was warn not to mail it cause it wouldn't make it to the states ...so packing it in my luggage was the plan.

 We headed to the post office that was right outside San Marco square...never did I think mailing a package would be so difficult....the lady was rude...we filled the papers out wrong...she shock her headed and spoke loudly in Italian and so on and so on....

We were frustrated but afraid to say anything for fear our packages wouldn't make it home...never have I felt so stupid....mailing a package from Italy is not the same as mailing it from Texas.

So after what seemed like an hour at the post office...we headed out, walking trying to forget about how our day started out....by now it was lunch time and we were feeling a little hungry so we decided to stop at a cute little outdoor place across from a church and in front of a museum.
 Tho' it was still early in the day we decided after our ordeal at the post office we needed a drink to get past it all and try to erase that memory from our minds.

We had heard the Spritz was a popular drink so we decided to try it...man was it strong...and good....and it did help erase the memory of the mean bad post office lady that woke up on the wrong side of the bed by the way her hair looked.
 We enjoyed a relaxing lunch with not a lot of people around and once again just soaked up what is Venice.
 After lunch we just walked and walked ....above is the outside of a beautiful church
 this picture was capture from the top of a small bridge on one of the smaller canals....gondola's are all over the place during the day.
Above a statue in a square we came up on and below a building with beautiful flowers ...have I told you how much I love the flower window balcony pictures...the hard part is going to decide which one I want to blow up to hang in my office.

 gondola's parked while the gondoliers take their lunch break....lunch breaks in Italy is a very serious thing.
Flowers in my favorite colors 
 I really enjoyed Venice...it has been so hard to choose what pictures to share with you....I hope you have enjoyed them as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you.
 After our day it was time to head back to the hotel to rest and take a break.
It was nice to be in a hotel that had air conditioning...not all hotels have them and this hotel had the best a/c....also ice is a hard thing to come by as well but this hotel had plenty.

So....after getting back to the room and relaxing, we opened a bottle of wine and enjoyed the view and the sounds from our room.

Below is myself looking out the window enjoying my wine and watching all the gondolas go by....my cousin Lonnie took this shot from our balcony.
 so from my window I took her picture on the balcony.
and from our side window you can see all the gondolas returning back to their starting and end spot.
and you can pay extra for a music on your gondola.
So...after our wine and relax time we decided it wasn't as hot out and it was time for us to take our gondola ride on the canal...after all tomorrow we leave Venice and this is something that has to be done.

Tomorrow I will post our gondola ride and our last evening in Venice.


2 comments:

Brenda said...

Headaches at postoffice, I have heard about this before from a friend. The Spritz has a pretty color looks refreshing and just love the flowers pink and purple. Beautiful pic...

Just love the your trip thanks for sharing...

Stacy said...

still loving the flowers!