Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Venice Day 2....Part 2...The Water Taxi Ride

It was time to see Venice by water and not by foot....so we headed to the stand to see what the cost was and for how long .... we did a about an hour.

Here is our taxi dude backing up to pick us up at the end of the dock.
 I don't remember planning this photo shot so I think it just happened....that is our hotel behind me.
 wooden bridge
 a man enjoying his day...not a care in the world
 myself and my cousin Lonnie enjoying our ride on The Grand Canal
 museum bridge
 I think she's enjoying her day

 I loved taking pictures of all the homes with flower hanging fro the windows
to me it was so beautiful

 Rialto Bridge
 Rialto Bridge...there are shops in the middle of the bridge and a very crowded place
tomorrow I will post a few more pictures of from our water taxi ride....


3 comments:

Stacy said...

love that boat! I think I want to sit in the window and just think or gaze at things - that guy looked like he was enjoying himself!

Robin said...

no ...not the window..sit in the back on top the seat and let the wind hit you in the face...we sat in the open the whole time never in the closed in part...was a cool time

Anonymous said...

I noticed open windows on several shots. Do most people not have air conditioning in Venice?

The flowers are beauiful.

I heard somewhere that Venice is sinking. Did any of your tour guides say anything about that?

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Rita