Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Friends, Cowboys, PBR and San Antonio

This past weekend I left for San Antonio with my 2 best gal pals and their husbands for a fun weekend. The main goal was to watch PBR...
Professional Bull Riding
We got in on Friday just in time for check in.
That evening we had drinks at
"Dirty Nelly's"
along The Riverwalk
It was a small Irish type bar that had a piano player singing all kinds of tunes.
It was a fun night.
Here I am with my girls Stacy and Fonda.
On Saturday we got up and did breakfast at a place called Taco Taco that Stacy had heard about. It was a small little hole in the wall but does good business. We had to wait outside about 15 minutes before getting a table.
Afterwards we went to a boot and hat store where 2 of the bull riders were doing an autograph session. There we had pictures made and autographs done.
Also the men bought hats as well.
Above is the whole gang....Stacy and Albert, myself and Fonda and Jim.
Bull riding was at The AT&T Center and it was a cool venue...not overly huge but not small either. I really liked the layout.
We had excellent seats for bull riding...up close and could see all the action. Not sure I can seat anywhere else next time. After bull riding was over we were able to get on the arena floor with our passes and get autographs and pictures with the riders. They sure have some cute cowboys...a little young but none the less cute and very respectful...these aren't your average guys.
After bull riding we went back to the hotel and met in the lobby for drinks.


Sunday we headed back to the AT&T Center for more bull riding. It started at 2 instead of 7 like it did the night before. Here I am with McKennon Wimberly...one of those cute cowboys I mentioned.
So before the bull riding starts they put on a little show and then introduce the riders and such. Here is a top favorite...JB Mauney.
Now you know how we older folks say ...man I never wanna go back to being 20 I worked so hard to get away from all the baggage that comes with being young (and stupid at times too)...well...this is the kind of cowboy I wouldn't mind goin' back to 20 for...ha...
He's 22 and I think just adorable!
And here's a close up of that face
JB Mauney
Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Let's ride some bulls

Stacy was able to get on TV twice....Here she is asking JB a question (lucky girl) but she is the big bull riding fan so it was only right she was able to be fan of the night.
Go Stacy!

And below there she is again before they took her behind the scenes to talk to JB.

So...after bull riding we went back to the hotel...freshened up and headed to The Riverwalk for some fun.
We ended up at this place.
I had heard about this place from my niece and Jim from his son so this was where we went. Needless to say I can't really talk about what happened but let's just say.... Albert and Jim are always talking about why they don't get to go on Grandma's Gone Wild trips....a night at Dick's showed why!
They didn't pass the grandma test.

Later on we ventured to Cowboys night club to find out that Sunday night was teen night so back in the cab we went. We headed to Midnight Rodeo which was nice but dead...I don't think there were 20 people in the place and that included us. But with good friends you can't go wrong so a good time was had.
That's Stacy and myself line dancing.
Next morning we went to Mi Tierra to do lunch/early breakfast and headed back towards Houston. It was a nice weekend....had a blast but still feel like I'm recovering. But I also can't wait to hit the road again.
Until next...Happy Trails!

5 comments:

Fonda said...

Ahh...I agree about the seats. Don't think I could sit up in the rafters after that view! I am thinking I might NEED to go back to SA instead of to Vegas so that I can have great seats!

Thanks for the wrap up. I had fun reading about our weekend from another point of view. And I'll let Jim know that you didn't rat out his Dick's hat...though he seemed awfully proud of it at the time! Ha!

Stacy said...

Yes, Jim was a very proud man at Dick's! It was a blast - so much fun - thank you for sharing bull riding with me! The seats were great - but I must say - I would sit anywhere to see those cowboys!

Robin said...

I'm glad Jim was fond of his hat...I have a feeling he's gonna hear about it for a long time...not sure why...just do :)

Unknown said...

Ok so you can get another man he just better not be in his 20's!!!

Robin said...

Ha Ha Ha!