Monday, August 31, 2009

Robin and Kelley's Field Trip

All weekend I have been cleaning, packing, moving stuff, fixing stuff and all with the help of some friends and neighbors....especially Kelley who went beyond the call of being a good neighbor and a good friend.
After working all day Saturday and Sunday in preparing for my upcoming move...there was lots of trash that needed to be done away with. Too much for the garbage man and too many things that the garbage man would not take...so on Sunday I had my truck loaded down and Kelley had hers as we were going to make a trip to "the dump" to get rid of it.
Now...we didn't know what to expect as we had never been to the dump before but when we got there we were a little shocked...we saw the garbage trucks all in a line and thought maybe we were at the wrong place cause in our minds we were going to a dump where you could dump household items.....Man were we wrong....we had to get in line with all this (see picture below) and wait our turn
to make our way up this hill and beyond where we could drop our trash off at. For those of you that know me...you know I don't like new things...I don't like the unknown...and I sure don't like to be the leader when I have know idea where I'm going....I felt sick! Ha!

When we first arrived we were unsure what to do... needless to say we weren't even sure we were at the right spot ... I went into the office building and asked....I'm looking for the dump...is this is? The nice man said yes and said go wait in the line, you'll pay for your load, you'll go up the hill and dump your load but don't get near the dump trucks you don't want to be near them in line when they dump their load....okay...so that made me a little nervous.
So the picture above shows us in line with our trash...the white truck is mine and the red Kelley's...not sure what the dump truck dude thought of me taking pictures at the dump but I just felt this trip needed to be documented...so glad my camera just happened to be in the truck.
The nice man I talked to in the office had come over to the weigh station and told us that he called one of the guys on the hill and told him to look out for 2 women in trucks and direct us to where we needed to go...and when we arrived at the top of the hill...there he was...I was so happy! He even helped us unload.
So...here is my truck emptied with trash all around me....and yes it does smell at the dump.
I would like to know what the guy on the dozer scrapping the trash back thought about the woman taking pictures of trash at the dump...I would almost bet he hadn't seen that before.
And now we are leaving the dump ...yes, our field trip to the dump was a very interesting one....we left at 10 am...the drive was about 15 minutes and we left the dump at 11:20...
Thanks for sharing the adventure Kelley...
The End....

5 comments:

Stacy said...

ah what a fun field trip!!!! I love that you have pics of it! :)

Charlee said...

WOW another first for you - funny too funny- Thank goodness for great neighbors and friends

Robin said...

I think there's something to be said of having a camera with you at all times...

Fonda said...

Wow! Now that was an experience! Glad you had your camera.

Kelley said...

Who thought going to the dump could be so much FUN! An adventure I'll never forget. Getting help from the workers at the dump could only happen with Robin!