Wednesday, April 15, 2009

California Day 2

April 5, 2009
Venice Beach
Now Venice Beach was something. As you can see by the above picture....if you can't get a job...just go to Venice Beach, make a sign and let crazy tourist take your picture for a dollar.
I actually thought it was cleaver...so I paid my 2 bucks and took my picture.
Then above "Muscle Beach"...this is the new location...the old one was by our hotel...there is a sign marking it's spot. It was actually on the beach ..this one is near the water by more on the boardwalk where everyone walking by can see you...Interesting!

And then above people walking the boardwalk of Venice beach. You would be amazed how many physics and palm readers that were advertised...and then the smell of pot all over the place....this place reminded more of the free love movement than San Francisco did.
Again...Interesting!
And then this Life guard station on the beach in Santa Monica . This was on our journey back to the hotel. I love the look of these stations. Reminds me of Baywatch.

We got lots of sun that day. The sun also beats on you differently...it's like it bakes in you...You get sun and you don't even realize it....got a decent tan out of it. But the air is much drier as well.

Scroll down for the continuation of Day 2....
I can only post 5 pictures at a time so I had to separate the post.

No comments: