Tuesday, April 21, 2009

California Day 7

Day 7
April 10, 2009
Our last day in San Diego.....the forecast had called for 70% chance of thunderstorms...it had rained in the middle of the night, By the time we had gotten dressed the clouds had moved out and we had a beautiful day ahead of us.
We headed to Seaport Village to finish up some shopping and spend some time by the bay.
This is a shop that I bought some things for the beach house to hang on the wall. They offered shipping so it all worked out good. Even though I ended up shipping a box home from UPS that day as well.
Here Laura and I are along the bay. See...it's a beautiful day!
The picture below are Navy Seal dudes doing their thing...it was cool to watch them tool around and do their thing.
San Diego is a Navy town....I love this huge statue.
After we were done with Seaport Village we walked over to see The Midway, a Navy aircraft carrier.
After we were done seeing the statue we headed back to the hotel and I packed a box with all my goodies I bought and went to the UPS office in our hotel to get them shipped.
Then we took back the rental car and had a driver drop us off at The Gaslamp District. We did last minute shopping...again...and then headed back to Fred's to have some more Horny Grandma's (the margarita drink...ha...) and the Pomo margarita, which is a pomegranate. We also had dinner. We also ended the night by playing some pool.
Below is a picture of our glasses...now we each had 3 outside on the patio...this is over by the pool table and we had 2 more after this picture was taken...it was a good last night!
I was planning on posting other pictures but on the grounds that someone might be incriminated I decided not too! Trust me it was a fun night and I'll just leave it at that.
Hope you enjoyed the latest adventure.
Until next time....Take care....Robin

2 comments:

Fonda said...

No incriminating evidence, huh? Well, I guess I better remember that for the next trip!

Stacy said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I want to see the pics you didn't put up - ha!