Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 3 continued....
We made our way to Beverly Hills with our sights on Rodeo Drive.
We passed the Beverly Hills sign and stopped and took pictures...it's huge...I don't have those pictures, they were taken on Laura's camera, they'll be here soon.
Rodeo Drive is a very cool looking street. Plus it's a little intimidating. We walked the street pretty much window shopping. Then we went into Tiffany's where I made a small purchase and Laura made a bigger one.
Then the picture below is where we stopped and did lunch. It's called The Blvd....it's on Wilshire Blvd. We sat outside at one of the tables you see and had fish and chips and a couple of drinks.
The drinks were good cause when we were done I got a little bold and went made a big purchase on Rodeo Drive. Not gonna tell you which store...I'll let you figure it out but if I sneezed and went A-Choo you might be close.
I had talked to Jennifer later in the day (via text message) and I told her I bought her something special on my shopping trip and her response was...does it hold a wallet and keys?
Needless to say, I think they were very pleased.
After that we headed to Robertson Blvd. where they have some trendy shops and The Ivy. I've always seen it on Entertainment news and wanted to see what it looked like. I surprised of it's surrounding but other than that I recognized it. Below is a picture of The Ivy. We were hoping to see paparazzi. We wanted to see them more than a celebrity.

After that we made a couple quick stops and then went in search of The Hollywood sign before it got too dark.

Then we decided to go to Pinks hot dogs...Everything I've read said to go....it's been there for like 70 years. So we went and the picture below shows you the line of people...plus when you get towards the front the line snakes around 3 times. This place stays open until 2 in the morning. We stood in line for an hour for a hot dog.

These are the dogs we ordered...They were called "The Today Show" They had 2 dogs on the bun, onions, cheese, chili and guacamole. It wasn't bad ....but really.... a freakin' hour in line for a hot dog that to me was just okay...nothing to die for. But...we can say we went.

After leaving Pinks we headed back to the hotel...which of course we (I was driving...Laura was navigator) made the wrong turn and ended up in Pacific Palisades....which had some very cool looking homes. After finding our way back out we got to the hotel and ended with a night cap.
Tomorrow Day 4
.....side note...I will post pictures of Rodeo Drive in a different post....

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looking at those hotdogs makes me laugh..I still can't believe we waited in line an hour for them!

Unknown said...

those hot dogs look absolutely disgusting. make my stomach churn...