Friday, April 3, 2009

Jacksonville

I arrived in Jacksonville yesterday late afternoon all safe and sound.

Today my brother and my mom are at The Mayo clinic. My mom has MS and when younger a bout with Polio....on Christmas Eve she couldn't walk and since that time has been in the hospital and in a nursing type atmosphere due to the fact that she couldn't transport herself from one place to the other.

My brother being closer to her than myself...(mom in Tampa, John in Jacksonville and then me in Texas) has been dealing with it all. When she goes back to Tampa she will be going into an assisted living place.

Anyway...she's having lots of different test and such ran at The Mayo clinic to see if we can find out what all is going on with her...she has had some other issues besides the loss of being able to have any strength in her legs.

So...The Mayo clinic is where they are at. I wanted to go but just couldn't be ready to leave at 5 this morning. When they get back I'll visit with mom for awhile and then this evening my sister in law Laura and myself are going to see John Edwards...he's that famous psychic medium. Then our flight leaves in the morning at 9 heading to LA. Can't wait. We'll spend a few days in LA and then drive to San Diego for the rest of our stay....so looking forward to it.

I will try and keep you updated. Enjoy your weekend. Robin

3 comments:

Fonda said...

I hope that they can figure it out at the Mayo. Ya'll be safe in your travels.

Stacy said...

Ok - what did John Edwards say?? Hope your mom is doing better. What did the test say?

Fonda said...

I missing you so very much! I think this is the longest I have had to go with just a short text message since you went on the cruise. I keep coming to the blog hoping to find something more about the trip. But I am glad you are relaxing and enjoying the trip. How the drink last night? It made me laugh! Jim thought I was crazy snickering at my cell phone!