Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 2 Continued....I love this view of The Santa Monica Pier...with all the beach goers on the beach. They have so much beach....It's amazing how much compared to our beaches.
I did walk to the water to put my feet in it...and it was cold...like putting your feet in ice buckets. There were people in the water but not very many and when they went in, they didn't stay long.

California surfer


And my favorite....Now I was wasn't trying to be tacky when taking this picture. I hope she doesn't find herself on the Internet but then again she was unaware I took it.
I took the picture because one I couldn't believe she would go in public like this...next was because I thought..."You Go Girl" To be at a point where you just don't give a crap...and then she made me feel good!

After our day of walking the Santa Monica boardwalk and Venice Beach we headed back to our hotel, ordered room service and sat on the balcony enjoying the view, the weather, the food food, the drinks and the company.

Then we headed to the Third Street Promenade...Three blocks of shops that are blocked off from any vehicles going one way. It was nice. So while walking we spotted a character on the street...can you spot in the picture below who it is?
If you guessed Chris Rock...your right. We were standing at the light to cross the street and he was standing next to Laura (my sister in law) and she was like...hey...isn't that Chris Rock? I was like yeah...so when we crossed the street I ran a little a head to turn around and take this picture...I was trying to make it look like I was taking a picture of Laura. he was with his kids and we didn't want to bother him. I couple of people would pass him and ask for a picture and such and he just kept walking and said no...he was nice about it but he was with his daughters. It was cool. Not sure we bought anything...after that I couldn't concentrate.

But hey...it's California...you need to take a picture of a celebrity. Right?

After our shopping trip we walked back to the hotel and I think we just chilled.

Check back later for Day 3...I'm hoping to post that tonight,

2 comments:

Fonda said...

Looks like ya'll had a fun day. I am looking forward to the 'rest of the story".

Stacy said...

Hmmmmm - guess I could actually wear a 2 piece - ha!