Monday, April 20, 2009

California Day 6

Day 6
April 9, 2009
San Diego

Our day started out by heading to Carlsbad to visit The Flower Fields.
It was really neat to see that many flowers. I have never seen that many. Here's just a few pictures.
The picture below is of Poinsettia's...I just love this color.
The picture below I think I'm gonna make note cards out of...I just love those colors.
And below you can see as far as the eye will let you of nothing but fields of flowers.
After The Flower Fields we headed back to San Diego to take a quick visit to the San Diego Zoo. I believe our stay was 2 hours. We were in search of The Panda Bear.
And The Polar Bear

And the Koala Bear. All the Koala Bears were sleeping and they were sleeping in pairs of 2's and their faces were hidden...except for this one that slept alone but was high in his tree covered by the top of the hut. I had decided I wanted a picture of his face...so...I got on the ground, looked up and put my camera through the wooden fence slats and pointed my camera towards the bear....and this was my shot...was a little difficult but I got it!

After leaving the zoo we decided to head towards Old Town before dark to get in one last sight and do a little shopping. I read that you should go and see this part of town and do a little shopping.
Well.....the picture below pretty much sums up Old Town....it was a waste of time. The only good thing may of been the Mexican Restaurant next door that had a wait list to be seated.
We decided to head back towards where we were staying. We went to Seaport Village and walked around the shops and did a little shopping and then stopped at The Harbor House for a late night dinner and drinks...after which we headed back to the hotel.
After all we had a full day.

1 comment:

Fonda said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! They reminded me of the beautiful tulips we saw in SF. Wish I could grow flowers like that. gotta go give Will his medicine!